Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Fun Start to 2013!

It's hard to believe we are already two months into 2013 and I have yet to blog!  The truth is between my pregnancy naps and a full calendar, I haven't had much time!  We just returned from a fun-filled four days in Phoenix where we swam (even though the high was about 60 degrees while we were there), made smores by the bonfire, hiked and went out for lots of fun dinner with Grandma Allyson, Grandpa Dave and Uncle Dwight and Auntie Pam.  We also enjoyed getting to spend the day with one of Chad's former Mankato Hockey teammates, Tim Wolfe, who is a fireman in the Phoenix area.  Hockey has also been a big part of our 2013.  Evie still enjoys her Thursday lessons at the rink but this year, thanks to our neighbor Mr. Keith, we have also enjoyed some fun skating time on the pond in our backyward.  Titus is getting better each time, thanks to his helper made my Grandpa Dave.  He can now take 3-4 steps all on his own!  We also took in a Mankato Mavericks game prior to our Phoenix departure.  The highlight was Titus getting to sit on the Zamboni before the game (he didn't actually get to drive it, but trust me, that didn't bother him).  For anyone who knows Titus, this was probably the highlight of his year already!  I included a few pictures from the Super Bowl in New Orleans in case some of you haven't seen them yet.  Chad enjoyed his two week stay there but is happy to be home and no longer working 18-hour days.  I had fun with my friend Krista for our 5 day visit down there.  I had never been to New Orleans before but very much enjoyed myself, the amazing food, the arcitecture and the city!  It's not at all what I thought it would be like and I hope to go back someday soon!






























No comments:

Post a Comment