Friday, August 14, 2009

Noisy Nelly!

Although it seems that Evie learns
a new trick every week, it still amazes me as to just how quickly (and constantly) she changes! It is hard to believe that 5 months ago, she was nothing more than a kickboxer in my belly and now she can roll over, smile, reach for toys, laugh and so much more! I love it! I do have to say she has one new "trick" that I am not enjoying quite as much as all the others: SHRIEKING! We are not talking the sweet "talking" or "cooing." I adore that! I could listen to her make those sounds and bubbles all day long. Nope, this is a high pitched squeal (of both anger and excitement) that Chad's Aunt Marlene jokes could break her glasses. Sometimes I am impressed that such a boisterous sound can come out of such a little peanut, but at the same time, it leaves me looking forward to a few months from now when she can make some darling sounds that are a few octaves lower! I am also impressed with the persistence in which she will make these sounds. I think we listened to them for a good hour and a half tonight and I can still hear the ringing in my ears even though she went to bed an hour ago!

Well, at least we know she has a future in choir and she will most definitely be a soprano!

1 comment:

  1. I don't miss those screaching sounds at all!! Ha ha!! My dad and brother were in the cities this weekend for the Twins game on Saturday. I told Sophie that they were going to Minneapolis and she got a BIG smile on her face and asked if they were going to see Baby Evie!

    ReplyDelete